Easter in 2020 takes place on Sunday, April 12. For kids, Easter is usually a fun time to enjoy activities such as painting and decorating hard-boiled eggs. Other traditional Easter activities for kids include Easter egg hunts, waiting for an Easter basket from the Easter Bunny and eating bunny candies and chocolate eggs.
The following are some fun and interesting Easter facts:
- The Easter celebration is for the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the Christian religion.
- The Easter celebration occurs on a Sunday, forty days after the period of time called Lent. Lent is a time of fasting, although participants generally focus on giving up a single main indulgence.
- In the week prior to Easter, Holy Week is celebrated. Holy Week starts on Palm Sunday, followed by Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and finishes with Easter Sunday.
- Eastern and Western Christians celebrate Easter at different times. This is due to the dates of Easter in Eastern Christianity being based on the Julian Calendar.
- Easter is a feast that is movable as the date of Passover is variable because it is dependent on the different phases of the moon.
The following is a glimpse of Easter celebrations from around the world:
Easter Celebrations in Australia
Australia is a country with people that have migrated there from many other countries. Different people have brought their traditions with them, and because of this, there is a variety of different ways that Easter is celebrated.
Call Australia from USA to wish your family and friends a Happy Easter for only one cent per minute.
Easter Celebrations in England
In England, Easter is celebrated by exchanging Easter Eggs or other gifts such as chocolates, clothes or vacation packages. Easter baskets and bonnets are created and include fillings such as daffodils in them.
For less than a penny, you can make a call to England on this Easter holiday.
Easter Celebrations in Germany
Easter in Germany is called Ostern. The Easter holidays for children last for approximately three weeks and no one works on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday.
On this holy week, making a special phone call to German from USA is less than one penny.
Easter Celebrations in Hungary
In Hungary, the Easter springtime festival is celebrated with folk traditions. As part of the traditions, Easter eggs are treated as more of a decorative item. A popular tradition on Easter Mondays in Hungary is “Sprinkling”. This tradition involves boys playfully sprinkling cologne, perfume or water on a girl’s head and asking for a kiss.
A phone call to Hungary is very affordable.
Easter Celebrations in Mexico
In Mexico, there are two different observances that form part of the Easter celebrations, which are Pascua and Semana Santa. Semana Santa represents the whole of the Holy Week, from Palm Sunday to Easter Saturday, and Pascua observes the period from Resurrection Sunday up to the following Saturday.
An international phone call to Mexico from USA cannot get any cheaper than one third of a penny.
Search for the best affordable prepaid phone card to any country during this Easter holiday here with most at just under a penny per minute.
Make Calls Around the Globe for Just $10 per Month!
Global Family provides via CallingCards.com an excellent calling card plan that is very affordable and offers unlimited calls. For just $10 per month, you can keep in touch with friends and family in over fifty countries on this unlimited calling card plan. This is a great new method that is cost-effective for making calls to friends in national and international locations.
Wherever you are this Easter, at home or overseas, give your friends and family a Happy Easter phone call.